it wasn't nearly as easy as in this video. two of the bolts were rusted so badly they broke off when I tried to loosen the nuts, and I ended up having to saw through the old valve and drive out the remainder of the bolts. I also had to unbolt a bracket that was holding it in place, and bend it out of the way; can't do that more than one or two more times before metal fatigue will make it unusable. and I had to use one leg to push on the pipe at the far end, past the ell, to give myself enough slack to get the new valve in. but it's in and it works. yay.
Back to blog or home page
last updated 2017-08-10 21:35:24. served from tektonic