Petaluma Summer Saturday Burgers
- One pound Tara Firma Farms ground beef
- Two Panorama Baking Company (or Della Fattoria) panini
- One small shallot, finely chopped
- Butter, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, tomato, peppers, pickles, lettuce, as desired
- Morning: go to Tara Firma Farms at 3796 I Street, which is on your right
not far before I Street Extension meets San Antonio Road. Buy 1 pound of their
100% grass fed ground beef. Take it home and defrost.
- Afternoon: go to the Farmer's Market at Walnut Park. At or near the corner
of E and 4th you should find the Panorama Baking Company truck. Buy two of
their panini. Also find a shallot, tomatoes, and any other desired veggies
at the other booths.
- Evening: turn the gas grill on high and preheat for 7 minutes. Meanwhile,
slice, toast and butter the buns (panini); finely chop one small shallot, mix with the burger, and form
into two patties. Salt and pepper the tops of the patties.
- Grill the burgers at high heat, 4 minutes on one side and 3 on the other.
If cheese is desired, add at the start of the last minute.
- Serve with your choice of condiments, slices of tomatoes and peppers, and
lettuce if desired.
This is the second time we've had them; they're a meal in themselves, very
tasty and filling.
Back to blog or home page
last updated 2010-08-01 00:49:37. served from tektonic.jcomeau.com